YMCA Youth Gambling Awareness Program
The YMCA Youth Gambling Awareness Program is a free service offering educational prevention programs designed to raise awareness of youth gambling, healthy/active living and making informed decisions. Together with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care, the YMCA believes educational awareness raising programs are essential to enhancing personal development and creating healthier communities. Using harm reduction we offer youth accurate information to assist in making informed choices around gambling and other high risk activities.
What we do in our community?
Awareness Raising Workshops
- Deliver interactive, curriculum based workshops for youth ages 8 to 24.
- Educational workshops for parents, teachers, health professionals and other agencies and organizations working with youth
- Community fairs and events
- Plan and implement events designed to promote community awareness and involvement in issues related to youth gambling.
- Facilitate youth driven initiatives to promote youth expression and community action related to gambling.
To learn more about the program or book a workshop please contact:
Ryan Starkweather, Youth Outreach Worker
Phone: 519.645.7553 x 2224
Emma Willis, Bilingual Youth Outreach Worker
Phone: 519.256.7330 x 238