Swim Level Comparison Chart
View the Swim Level Comparison Chart
The aquatic programs of the YMCA are about more than just techniques and skills; they are about building friendships, developing self-esteem and creating positive experiences that will last a lifetime.
• Any swimmer with a serious medical condition should inform YMCA Staff upon registration.
• YMCA lessons are for both members and non-members.
• Memberships include registration in one lesson per session.
• Due to our child protection policies, photos are not permitted during lessons. If you would like to take a photo of your child swimming, please speak to the Instructional Team Lead to arrange.
• Photographic equipment of any kind is not permitted in any of our changerooms.
• In the event of a pool fouling, the Ontario Health Regulations require pool closure.
• We do not offer make up lessons.
We assume that once 3 consecutive lessons have been missed, the swimmer has been withdrawn from the program, unless notified by a parent.
Lesson progress reports are now available online! Swimmers who successfully complete their swim level can pick up their sticker or badge from their instructor. To access Progress Cards, visit: http://swimgen.net/search/wdy_ymca
Enter your child’s 6 digit participant number, found on their YMCA membership card (the small series of numbers), and click “View Reports” to access their online progress reports.
Is your child stuck on a certain stroke or need help getting comfortable in the pool? Are you looking for one-on-one instruction for your swimmer? Are you looking to enhance your own strokes or confidence in the pool? Private lessons are the way to go! This is a great way to improve self esteem and confidence in the water for swimmers of any age!
Private lessons are half an hour in length, and have a per class cost of $20 (Members)/$25 (Non Members).
Please contact the Aquatic Supervisor for more information.
Unsure of what swimming level to register your child in? Come to the pool during the times below and a lifeguard will perform a 10 minute evaluation and recommend the appropriate level for lessons.
Sundays 11:00am – 1:00pm