Aquatic Pool Rules
- Our lifeguards are here for your safety. Please obey their instructions.
- Please shower before entering pool area.
- Everyone must remove outdoor shoes before entering the shower or pool areas.
- Proper attire must be worn in the pool /pool area (no undergarments, disposable or cloth diapers)
- Any person infected with a communicable disease or open sores may not enter the pool area.
- No food, drink, chewing gum or glass containers are permitted in the pool area. Water is encouraged.
- Polluting the water in any way is prohibited (spitting, spouting of water, blowing nose, etc.)
- For safety reasons, please walk in the pool area.
- No diving unless instructed by a YMCA lifeguard.
- No inappropriate language or boisterous behavior is permitted in the pool area.
- Please ensure that your activity allows others to enjoy theirs, the YMCA is a shared experience.
- Swim Admission Policy is in effect during all recreational swims.
- Water wings, personal inflatable objects are not permitted. PFDs/Lifejackets are available for your use. (Please ask a lifeguard for your correct size). Any child wearing a PFD/Lifejacket must be within arms reach of a parent at all times.
- Water bottles and literature are not permitted in the sauna.
- Patrons must shower before and after using the sauna.
- Patrons must wear swim appropriate attire in the sauna.
- Patrons must not put water on the sauna.
- The sauna is for adults 18+ for health and safety reasons.
Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years of age and younger MUST be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years of age. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:2, unless all the swimmers are wearing lifejackets, in which case the ratio is 1:4.
Children 9 to 12 years of age must have a guardian at least 13 years of age present on the pool deck while they swim. If they pass the facility swim test the guardian may leave the pool deck but remain in the building. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:8.
This policy is subject to the discretion of the lifeguard on duty, who may require older children to be with in arms reach and for more guardians based on the swimming ability of the swimmers and their guardians.
All groups are subject to our admission policy (rentals, birthday parties etc)
We have a ramp at our entrance, and our fitness centre is fully accessible. The pool area (sauna) is accessible from the family change room only, which has a fully accessible washroom. We also have a pool lift to help get members into the pool. (unfortunately, our lower level (children's program areas and gym) is not accessible due to stairs.