The Woodstock Branch offers memberships for people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities from 3 months of age and up. As an added feature, we also have a fulltime licensed Child Care Centre on the premises. Flexible payment options, family discounts and our assisted membership program make belonging to the Y affordable for everyone.
Services & Amenities
- Full fitness centre with cardio equipment, strength machines and free weights
- 25 yard swimming pool with on-deck sauna
- Double gymnasium
- Group exercise studio and multi-purpose space
- Child Minding Services (free service for members)
- Classroom and meeting space for small groups
- Licensed Child Care Centre
- Family games room
- Drop-in privileges at any YMCA across Canada and internationally
- Child minding service (3 months to 5 years)
- One registered swim lesson per session
- Unlimited drop-in programs
- Wellness coaching sessions
- Recreational sports
- Use of day lockers, wallet lockers and General Change Rooms
- Open swim and gym time
- Discounted specialty program rates
- Member’s discount on certification
- Reduced rates PA Day and camps
- Flexible and continuous membership
Your membership gives you access to all eight health and fitness branches in the Western Ontario association. That means you have access to:
- 6 pools
- 7 full size gymnasiums
- 3 walking/running tracks
- the latest in strength training and cardio equipment, and,
- child minding services to watch your littlest Y members while you get fit and healthy.
Our membership fees cover the majority of our programs and services, from group fitness to swimming lessons and many programs in between.
Travelling? Your YMCA of Western Ontario member card gets you access to Y facilities across North America.
See your specific branch for details:
Open Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years of age and younger MUST be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years of age. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:2, unless the swimmers are wearing lifejackets, in which case the ratio is 1 guardian to 4 swimmers. Children 9 to 12 years of age must have a guardian at least 13 years of age present on the pool deck while they swim. If they pass the facility swim test the guardian may leave the pool deck. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:8.
The YMCA of Western Ontario Financial Assistance Program serves those individuals and families who have the greatest need in our community, those individuals that are unable, but not unwilling to pay the full fee. We will make every effort to accommodate all those people who wish to participate in YMCA programs. Is it not possible to join the YMCA for free. Everyone must pay some portion of the membership fee. Often, we can assist to a maximum of 50% of the cost of membership. A financial agreement will be worked out that is acceptable to both you and the YMCA of Western Ontario.
Please complete the Financial Assistance application in full and return it to the membership desk. One of the membership staff will review your application with you. All information provided will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you. Financial Assistance requires a commitment to make regular payments and to participate on a regular basis in the program for which assistance was provided.
We have a ramp at our entrance, and our fitness centre is fully accessible. The pool area (sauna) is accessible from the family change room only, which has a fully accessible washroom. We do not have ramps or chair lifs into the pool. Unfortunately our lower level (children's program areas and gym) is not accessible at this point due to stairs.