Windsor & Essex County YMCA
The Windsor & Essex County Branch offers membership for people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities from 3 months of age and up. Flexible payment options, family discounts and our assisted membership program make belonging to the Y open to everyone.
Services & Amenities
- Full Gymnasium
- Saunas in Adult Change Rooms
- Cardio Floor with treadmills, bikes, steppers, cross trainers and wave machines
- Fitness Centre featuring a full range of exercise equipment
- Separate free weight work out area
- Designated change areas for adults, youth and families
- Child minding are for children 3 months to 5 years of age
- Parking – pay street parking only; free after 6:00 p.m.
- Recreational and drop-in privileges at any YMCA in London, across Canada and internationally
- Child minding service (3 months to 5 years)
- Unlimited drop-in programs
- Wellness coaching sessions
- Recreational sports
- Use of day lockers and General Change Rooms
- Open gym time
- Discounted specialty program rates
- Member’s discount on certification
- Reduced rates camps
- Flexible and continuous membership
Your membership gives you access to all eight health and fitness branches in the Western Ontario association. That means you have access to:
- 7 pools (2 pools at Centre Branch & 2 pools at Stoney Creek)
- 7 full size gymnasiums
- 3 walking/running tracks
- the latest in strength training and cardio equipment, and,
- child minding services to watch your littlest Y members while you get fit and healthy.
Our membership fees cover the majority of our programs and services, from group fitness to child & youth and many programs in between.
Travelling? Your YMCA of Western Ontario member card gets you access to Y facilities across North America.
Financially Assisted Membership Program
Welcome to the YMCA of Western Ontario’s Financially Assisted Membership Program. Our
Financial Assistance Program serves those individuals and families who have the greatest need in
our community, those individuals that are unable, but not unwilling to pay the full fee. We will
make every effort to accommodate all those people who wish to participate in YMCA programs.
It is not possible to join the YMCA for free. Everyone must pay some portion of the membership
fee. A financial agreement will be worked out that is acceptable to both you and the YMCA of
Please complete the application for Financial Assistance in full and bring it with you, along with
your required income statements. A YMCA staff member will review your application with you.
All information provided will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you.
Financial Assistance requires a commitment to make regular payments and to participate on a
regular basis in the program for which assistance was provided.
The following is a list of applicable proofs of income. Please present current copies of the following:
• 2 consecutive and current payroll stubs for each adult in the household stating Gross Earnings.
• Monthly Statements from Government Income sources (Disability, Ontario Works, EI etc.)
• Goods & Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax from the Canada Revenue Agency stating family Gross Income.
• Canada Child Tax Benefit summary stating family’s Adjusted Annual Income.
• Other household income sources such as child or spousal support, rental income, OSAP, etc.
Our entrance is at ground level with a ramp into the front entrance. We have an elevator to all levels of the building with an accessible change room on the lower floor.