Delicious and Healthy Food for your Child (Part 3)
“It’s just been so great!”
With a passion for non-profits, Matthew has been working at the UCC Flex Child Care Centre for a year. Believing that children are the future, Matthew’s passion shines through from the child to the parent and the staff. He is a firm believer in education and as such, wishes to educate others on the importance of nutrition. Parents as well as caregivers play a key role in making healthy choices for children but also teaching children to make healthy choices for themselves. Learning healthy habits at a young age can reap benefits for a lifetime. Letting your child help in the selection of healthy foods and in the preparation of them can prove to be a fun family time.
As an example of Matthew’s belief and commitment to educating others on the value of nutrition, he is already scheduled to speak at two conferences in 2016. Not bad considering it’s only early March!
Healthy snacks Matthew serves and you can too
1. Yummy roasted chickpeas seasoned with salt and vinegar
2. Fresh spinach dip with sour cream and cheese. Served with whole wheat pita
3. Carrot, raisin, ginger fruit loaf with blueberries
4. Pizza fingers made from whole grain, homemade tomato sauce and parmesan with some watermelon as a side
5. Sundried tomato hummus served with crudité platter (or veggies in kids terms) and bananas
To learn more about our Child Care programs visit ymcawo.ca/child-care