- Please walk. The floor is slippery when wet.
- No diving unless instructed by a YMCA staff member.
- Please wear appropriate footwear (indoor shoes are great!)
- Please do not bring food or drinks on the deck. Water bottles are encouraged.
- Please do not use your cell phone or electronic device on the pool deck or in the change rooms.
- Please shower before swimming.
- Please tell the lifeguard about any medical concerns (epilepsy, heart conditions, diabetes etc.)
- All members under 8 need to have a parent or guardian (14 years of age or older) in the pool within arms reach regardless of swimming ability.
- Any strong swimmer who is 9-13 who would like to swim without a parent or guardian needs to sign in with their parent or guardian, take a swim test instructed by the lifeguard and must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- That no person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on his or her body shall enter the pool,
- That no person shall bring a glass container onto the deck or into the pool,
- That no person shall pollute the water in the pool in any manner and that spitting, spouting of water and blowing the nose in the pool or on the deck are prohibited,
- That no person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool,
- The maximum number of bathers permitted on the deck and in the pool at any time: 188
- The location of a telephone that is available for emergency use.
- Water bottles and literature are not permitted in the sauna.
- Patrons must shower before using the sauna.
- Patrons must wear swim appropriate attire in the sauna.
- Patrons must not put water on the sauna.
- The sauna is for adults 16+ for health and safety reasons
Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years and younger (regardless of swimming ability):
must always be accompanied in the water by a parent / guardian who is at least 14 years old and remains within arms’ reach of the child(ren) at all times. (Max 1 adult per 3 children)
Children 9-13 years who are strong swimmers:
must complete swim test (issued by lifeguards) and be signed in by parent / guardian to be able to swim without a parent in the water. We do however encourage children to swim with a buddy.
parents/ guardians must remain in the building in the event of an emergency. Children that are between the ages of 9-13 years are not considered an appropriate guardian for a child(ren) who is 8 years old or younger.
Our main entrance doors are automated, and we have an elevator to the second floor of our building. We have three wheelchair accessible washrooms, and two wheelchair showers. We do not have a ramp accessible to the pool, however we have a deck lift for pool access, a ceiling lift for the hot tub and additional wall grab bars can be installed as required.
- Children 8 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years of age. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:2, unless the swimmers are wearing lifejackets, in which case the ratio is 1 guardian to 4 swimmers.
- Children 9 to 12 years of age must have a guardian at least 13 years of age present on the pool deck while they swim. If they pass the facility swim test the guardian may leave the pool deck. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:8.