The Family YMCA of St.Thomas-Elgin offers memberships for people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities from 3 months of age and up. Flexible payment options, family discounts and our assisted membership program make belonging to the Y open to everyone.
Services & Amenities
- 25 metre pool
- Steam room, sauna & whirlpool
- Aerobics studios
- Weight machinery and free weight work out area
- Cardio centre with elliptical, cross trainers, treadmills, recumbent bicycles, steppers and rowing machines
- Child minding area (newborn - 9 yrs)
- New member wellness coach (13+)
- Kidz coaching session - cardio training (10-12yrs)
- Unlimited drop in aerobic & aquafit programs (10+)
- Swim lessons and recreation programs (all ages)
- Separate adult and family change rooms with showers
- Towel rentals available for a small fee
- Free parking for members
- Recreational and drop-in privileges, across Canada and internationally
- Child minding service (newborn -9 years)
- One registered swim lesson per session
- Unlimited drop-in programs
- Wellness coaching sessions
- Recreational sports
- Use of day lockers and General Change Rooms
- Open swim and gym time
- Discounted specialty program rates
- Member’s discount on certification
- Reduced rates PA Day and camps
- Flexible and continuous membership
Your membership gives you access to all eight health and fitness branches in the Western Ontario association. That means you have access to:
- 7 pools (2 pools at Centre Branch & 2 pools at Stoney Creek)
- 7 full size gymnasiums
- 3 walking/running tracks
- the latest in strength training and cardio equipment, and,
- child minding services to watch your littlest Y members while you get fit and healthy.
Our membership fees cover the majority of our programs and services, from group fitness to swimming lessons and many programs in between.
Travelling? Your YMCA of Western Ontario member card gets you access to Y facilities across North America.
See your specific branch for details:
Open Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years of age and younger MUST be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years of age. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:2, unless the swimmers are wearing lifejackets, in which case the ratio is 1 guardian to 4 swimmers. Children 9 to 12 years of age must have a guardian at least 13 years of age present on the pool deck while they swim. If they pass the facility swim test the guardian may leave the pool deck. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:8.
Financially Assisted Membership Program
Welcome to the YMCA of Western Ontario’s Financially Assisted Membership Program. Our
Financial Assistance Program serves those individuals and families who have the greatest need in
our community, those individuals that are unable, but not unwilling to pay the full fee. We will
make every effort to accommodate all those people who wish to participate in YMCA programs.
It is not possible to join the YMCA for free. Everyone must pay some portion of the membership
fee. A financial agreement will be worked out that is acceptable to both you and the YMCA of
Please complete the application for Financial Assistance in full and bring it with you, along with
your required income statements. A YMCA staff member will review your application with you.
All information provided will be kept confidential. We expect the same confidentiality from you.
Financial Assistance requires a commitment to make regular payments and to participate on a
regular basis in the program for which assistance was provided.
The following is a list of applicable proofs of income. Please present current copies of the following:
• 2 consecutive and current payroll stubs for each adult in the household stating Gross Earnings.
• Monthly Statements from Government Income sources (Disability, Ontario Works, EI etc.)
• Goods & Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax from the Canada Revenue Agency stating family Gross Income.
• Canada Child Tax Benefit summary stating family’s Adjusted Annual Income.
• Other household income sources such as child or spousal support, rental income, OSAP, etc.
Our main entrance doors are automated, and we have an elevator to the second floor of our building. We have three wheelchair accessible washrooms, and two wheelchair showers. We do not have a ramp accessible to the pool, however we have a deck lift for pool access, a ceiling lift for the hot tub and additional wall grab bars can be installed as required.