Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years and younger (regardless of swimming ability):
Must always be accompanied within arms reach in the water by a parent / guardian who is at least 13 years of age at all times. The ratio of guardians to swimmers is 1:2, unless the swimmers are wearing lifejackets, in which case the ratio is 1 guardian to 4 swimmers.
Children 9-12 years:
Must have a parent on the pool deck or complete a swim test (administered by a lifeguard) to be able to swim without a parent in the water. We do however encourage children to swim with a buddy. We reserve the right to ask that any child be accompanied within arms reach by a parent or guardian while swimming in the facility.
Parents/ guardians must remain in the building in the event of an emergency. Children that are between the ages of 9-12 years are not considered an appropriate guardian for a child who is 8 years old or younger.
- Please walk. The floor is slippery when wet.
- No diving except from the deep end wall of the lap pool.
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted on the pool deck.
- Please do not bring food or drinks on the deck. Water bottles and sports drinks are encouraged.
- Please do not use your cell phone or electronic device in the change rooms.
- Please shower before swimming.
- Please tell the lifeguard about any medical concerns (epilepsy, heart conditions, diabetes etc.)
- All members under 8 need to have a parent or guardian (13 years of age or older) in the pool within arms reach regardless of swimming ability.
- Any strong swimmer who is 9-12 who would like to swim without a parent or guardian needs to take a swim test administered by a lifeguard and must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- No person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on his or her body shall enter the pool,
- No person shall bring a glass container onto the deck or into the pool,
- No person shall pollute the water in the pool in any manner and spitting, spouting of water and blowing your nose in the pool or on the deck are prohibited,
- No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool,
- The maximum number of bathers permitted on the deck and in the pool at any time is 283.
- Full face masks or goggles that cover both the eyes and nose are prohibited while swimming.
Our lap pool has a full length ramp. We have a water wheelchair that can access the pool via the ramp. There is also a portable electric lift capable of assisting participants into either the lap or the Family pool at any point of entry.