Focus on Youth
Focus on Youth is a partnership between the Ontario Ministry of Education, the Greater Essex County District School Board and the YMCA. The objective of Focus on Youth is to enhance high quality summer program opportunities for children and youth in Windsor-Essex by offering free use of school space for organized not-for-profit community-based programs and by providing employment opportunities and leadership activities for our Secondary School Students.
Program starts JULY 10th, 2017 and runs until August 18th, 2017.
Morning Session will run from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Supervised Lunch from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m
Afternoon Session will run from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Registration Forms can be downloaded or picked up at any of the locations listed below. Completed Registration Forms along with the CASH registration fee will be accepted at:
- General Amherst Public School – Mon. June 6th, 2017 from 3:00 p.m – 6:00 p.m.
- Belle River District High School – Mon. June 6th, 2017 from 3:00 p.m – 6:00 p.m.
- Leamington Secondary School – Wed. June 7th, 2017, from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- John Campbell Public School, David Suzuki Public, Northwood Public School, Southwood Public School and West Gate Public School – Mon. June 5th, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The forms will be taken on a first come/first serve basis and must be accompanied by the $ 20.00 CASH Registration Fee. No forms will be accepted prior to theses dates, with a maximum of 10 forms per person. Any forms after the above dates can only be dropped off at the YMCA located at 500 Victoria Ave., Windsor.
YMCA Focus on Youth Summer Programs will be offered at the following locations:
- Belle River District High School
- David Suzuki Public School
- General Amherst High School
- John Campbell Public School
- Leamington Secondary School
- Westgate Public School
- Northwood Public School
- Southwood Public School
For more information about the Focus on Youth Summer Program please contact Catherine Scandale at 519-258-0243.