Programs & Bookings
School Year Program Schedule Police and Fire programming is only available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. EMS and Fire programming is only available on Thursdays.
Grade 1 Program
Fall and Spring
Grade 1 EMS and Fire Program
Grade 2 Police and Fire Program
Grade 2 EMS and Fire Program
Thursdays only, throughout the winter
Grade 4 Program
All year long
Want to book a visit to the YMCA Children’s Safety Village? Programs are available for school bookings, Monday – Friday throughout the school year. We offer two programs daily, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. There is a maximum occupancy of 60 students per visit and teacher/volunteer chaperons are required to accompany students at a 1:10 ratio. Availability is limited and programs fill. To ensure availability for your class, be sure to book early!
Arranging Your Booking
- Call us at 519.453.8858 (have your total number of students and two possible booking dates ready)
- Or email (include your class grade, number of students & two possible booking dates)
- Upon reservation of booking teachers will receive a booking agreement form, which must be signed & returned within two business days, to firm up booking
- Booking confirmations will be sent upon receipt of signed agreement
When making a booking request any of the above ways, it is vital that you have the below information available and ready to provide.
- Grade Level & Number of Students (Note: we can take a maximum of 60 students/visit)
- Your Preferred Date & Time (AM or PM Program)
- Alternate Booking Date/Time
- Your Name & Contact Number
- Your Email Address
- School Name & School Board
- School Fax Number
If you do not provide all required information when submitting your request no spot will be reserved and your request cannot be processed. Once you have received confirmation of your visit booking, it is your responsibility as the teacher to ensure the booking is kept. If a cancellation or change is required we ask you please notify us as soon as possible at 519.453.8858.
As of September 2013, the standard booking fee for all Safety Village bookings is $125/class (maximum of 60 students). Admittance to the conservation area is free. Payment of booking fee is due within 15 days from date of reservation. For smaller groups and/or fundraised visits, special day of visit payment can be arranged by contacting our administrator directly. The YMCA of Western Ontario is a multi-service charity that provides opportunities for personal growth in spirit, mind and body for people of all backgrounds, beliefs and abilities. We are here to assist you in making our programs and services available to all. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require assistance.
Important Trip Reminder
Once your class' visit has been confirmed, it's important that you make note of the below trip reminder for the day of your visit. If you require further details or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Teachers please ensure:
- Students dress according to the weather. Outdoor activities will take place in all weather unless cancelled.
- Name tags are a big help to the instructor, but are optional.
- Grade 4 students are to bring their own bicycle helmets. Bicycles are supplied but helmets should come with the students!
- Volunteer ratio should be 1/ 8 (1 parent / teacher for every 8 children). This is very important for the safety of your students and to maximize their experience.
- Review your grades program description, so that you as the leader understand what will be covered during your visit to the village.
The Village complex is wheelchair accessible and special classes can be arranged for individuals with various types of limitations in classes from either school board. Notice and details MUST be provided at time of booking.