We have elevators from our main floor to the change rooms, which provide access to the pool deck. We have an electrical chair lift for our leisure pool, and an electrical ceiling chair lift for our family pool and hot tub.
- In accordance with Ontario Pool Health Regulations, all bathers must shower with soap and water before entering the pool(s) or whirlpool.
- No diving unless instructed by a YMCA staff member.
- Please wear appropriate footwear (indoor shoes are great!)
- Please do not bring food or drinks on the deck. Water bottles are encouraged.
- Please do not use your cell phone or electronic device on the pool deck or in the change rooms.
- Please walk. The floor is slippery when wet.
- Please tell the lifeguard about any medical concerns (epilepsy, heart conditions, diabetes etc.)
- All members under 8 need to have a parent or guardian (14 years of age or older) in the pool within arms reach regardless of swimming ability.
- Any strong swimmer who is 9-13 who would like to swim without a parent or guardian needs to sign in with their parent or guardian, take a swim test instructed by the lifeguard and must have a parent or guardian in the building at all times.
- That no person infected with a communicable disease or having open sores on his or her body shall enter the pool,
- That no person shall bring a glass container onto the deck or into the pool,
- That no person shall pollute the water in the pool in any manner and that spitting, spouting of water and blowing the nose in the pool or on the deck are prohibited,
- That no person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the pool,
- The maximum number of bathers permitted on the deck and in the pool at any time is 185 for large pool, 48 for small pool.
- The location of a telephone that is available for emergency use.
- Patrons are welcome to bring in small recreational objects that are clean and in good repair. Recreational objects should be for diving or personal floatation – no large items such as tubes or mats. The following items are not permitted for children 12 and under for safety reasons: goggles and masks that cover the eyes and nose and water wings. Patrons are also welcome to bring in their own fitness equipment if it is clean and in good repair. For example, aquafit noodles, pull buoys, flutter boards, hand paddles, etc.
Swim Admission Policy
Children 8 years and younger (regardless of swimming ability):
- must always be accompanied in the water by a parent / guardian who is at least 14 years old and remains within arms’ reach of the child(ren) at all times. (Max 1 adult per 3 children)
Children 9-13 years who are strong swimmers:
- must complete swim test (issued by lifeguards) and be signed in by parent / guardian to be able to swim without a parent in the water. We do however encourage children to swim with a buddy.
- parents/ guardians must remain in the building in the event of an emergency. Children that are between the ages of 9-13 years are not considered an appropriate guardian for a child(ren) who is 8 years old or younger.
Learn more about our swim lessons.