Space to Grow
NEW Southwest YMCA, Community Centre and Library
- 153,000 sq. ft facility located at Southdale Road and Bostwick Road in Southwest London
- Total investment of $52 Million with the YMCA providing $9.2M
- After opening the YMCA anticipates employing more than 140 staff, and serving over 7,500 children, youth, families and seniors.
- As with all Y services our open-access policy will welcome all individuals regardless of inability to pay
- This 250,000 sq. ft. facility will house a YMCA, community programming space and the Central Park Athletics complex offers twin ice pads, a gymnastics training facility, indoor soccer field, indoor batting cages and studio space.
- The YMCA will invest $5M for the construction of the pool and to outfit the YMCA portion of the facility.
- This Windsor partnership will provide access to the community from a Health, Fitness and Aquatics perspective and also from a charitable perspective, whereby we would continue our subsidy model of ensuring families have access to YMCA services regardless of financial challenges. Currently the Y Branch on Victoria Ave is at a 50% subsidy rate, the highest of any of our YMCAWO operations.
Wortley Road – Normal School
- The YMCA will move select Child Care centres, a Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada program (LINC), select community programming and YMCAWO administration to the site.
- The YMCA will invest $400,000 to the project with funds being used to support current programing needs